How to Wear It: Calf Socks
While fashion can be seasonal and expensive, the right style is something timeless and often more affordable than you think. The key to looking sharp is investing in timeless, high quality pieces for your wardrobe. With spring here and summer just around the corner, for men who want to dress sharp for the weather, the classic penny loafer and calf socks are essential pieces to have. The slip-on look of penny loafers can convey a more casual vibe without the regular laces and buckles and to top it off, something like VK Nagrani men’s over the calf socks will pull your silhouette together.
As you will come to discover, over the calf socks are actually quite superior to their mid-calf sock counterparts. Wearing over the calf socks means you’re not at the risk of your socks refusing to stay up throughout the day and having to adjust. It also prevents the age old problem of showing your leg skin when your dress pants or trousers ride up when you take a seat. Having that gap in between your pant leg and your socks may come to ruin an otherwise sharp look.
What type of outfits can you style for the summer with your penny loafers and calf socks?
But now for the challenge: what type of outfits can you style for the summer with your penny loafers and calf socks? Given that we’ve gotten down to the quality of your socks with VK Nagrani, let us now have a look at outfits that would look great with calf socks.
- Trying sporting a casual unstructured coat while pairing it with lighter color pants. Right down the alley of preppy but not too over the top, this look is a great backdrop for your khakis, over the calf socks and penny loafers to make their debut this warm season. You can try brightening up the look by replacing your dark navy blue blazer with something that looks to be more true blue in contrast. In this case, wearing warm tones for your over the calf socks and penny loafers make for a great contrast to the cooler tones of the rest of your outfit.
- There is no reason you can’t go with a grey monochrome suit this summer either. While the florals and bright colors appear to be all the hype for the ladies this season, there is no reason you can’t wear that spiffy grey summer suit. As long as the monochrome suit you’re going for isn’t super dark, you won’t look too overdressed for the season. The clean look works for any summer engagements and is very well paired with similar colored over the calf socks and a pair of black penny loafers. To keep the overall look more casual, lose the tie and keep the shirt collar more open than usual (just no collar popping, please).
- Rock the light colored blazer, tee shirt and jeans combination for casual Fridays at work. It might be difficult to get some use out of your favorite denim on a regular day without looking too casual, but as the weather is starting to warm up, it’s about time you whipped them out. As long as it’s not scorching hot outside, the dark denim and light blazer look will suit you just fabulous. The key is to make sure you’re wearing the right blazer–one that has minimal lining on the inside or even unlined backs. The blazer will go well with the calf socks and penny loafers to give the harsh denim a softer look.
- Getting too hot for that jacket/blazer style? No problem. Lose the blazer jacket and try the casual black/white combination of collared button down polo shirts and straight legged pants. While this is probably one of the more casual and comfortable looks for the spiffy looking gentlemen, it’s surprising that it’s also the style most are less willing to attempt. Don’t knock out the idea before giving this a shot–trust me, you won’t want to be wearing blazers all summer long.
- The black and white contrast in the penny loafers, over the calf socks next to oversize light colored clothing pieces are more often than not replaced by brown. If there is one place to start trying something bold, it will be footwear. Not to mention, you can look for penny loafers that don’t give the typical glossy shine for the summer. Go for something with a more lean and matte finish to complete your casual summer look. Give yourself a little extra boost of confidence in your outfit by pairing it with accessories that you love. How about that leather strapped watch you haven’t gotten decent wear out of?
Pro tip: Designer over the calf socks like those found at VK Nagrani usually fit true to size, so you should feel confident when ordering them online. You’ll end up with socks that don’t slip down and don’t wear out the way bulk packaged socks will.