This season we saw on the catwalk the top labels using the neck tie in so many ways. I love neck ties on men for lots of reasons but the most attractive feature of the neck tie is its versatility. It can be worn with patterned, open shirts to achieve a care free, hippy-like look.
5 Tips on Neck Ties
- To achieve the look effectively, team the neck tie with an open shirt and the tie knotted loosely at the neck with the excess material tucked into the shirt.
- To make the overall look even more casual, instead of a shirt opt for a thin jumper or sweater and leave the loosely-knotted tie trailing down the front of the chest rather than tucking it in.
- Don’t be afraid of different neck tie prints so in for spring/summer 2012.
- To achieve another effective look you can pair the neck tie with a simple t-shirt and jeans with a leather jacket or blouson.
- You can wear the knot slightly off centre to heighten the effect of the rugged man that lives within you. To smarten the look up, opt for a blazer rather than a casual jacket.