Polka Dots remain a classic element in the fashion history. Polka dots are one of the most eye-catching and striking prints. Do you wonder how to embrace polka dots without going all dotty? The strategy is all about a game of polka with your dots.
Tips on How to Wear Polka Dots
You have so many options and versions of polka dots from discreet to more extravagant ones. Whatever the item of clothing or accessory. It is very important to know how to wear them. Once you are convinced to wear polka dots, start by choosing only one accessory such as a scarf or a tie.
- Scarves – Dots can be matched with a classic, casual or elegant outfit. All you have to think about is what colour polka dots you are going for?
- Ties – You can’t go too wrong here. Just think about your colour pallet. Black and white is one of the winning combinations that never fails.
- Shirts – If you are becoming a man that seeks attention then the polka dot shirt is for you. Just think how big you want your dots to be?
- Jackets – Dark blue and white dots are a nice way to show your boldness. Keep everything else very neutral. Get ready because the attention will be immense.
- Evening Wear – For a night out with your friends. Match a pair of chinos or jeans with your dotted shirt. Weddings are a great platform to embrace polka dot suits. Not for all but if you are going to do it. Go for it. Another option is by matching your top with your suit trouser dots.
One thing to think about, make sure the dots pattern is lineal/diagonal and dots small. When dots become splotches it’s a disaster.