“Entrepreneur is not a title but a mindset. It requires a good dose of madness for an incredibly rewarding life” said Vincenzo Carrara, CEO of Todd & Marlon LLC a new luxury watch brand. Todd & Marlon timepieces are custom made to suit the needs of the people who create their own future – the entrepreneurs! The first watch collection named #YOURTIME, in fact, has been inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit – the mindset of the entrepreneurs but also of many of us who approach personal life as entrepreneurs.
“Entrepreneurs are amazing people and the most successful ones are master of time management. With #YOURTIME watches we wanted to celebrate their work and achievements. #YOURTIME is also a call to action for all the ‘want to be’ entrepreneurs. We want them to take the first step in the long and often difficult journey to success and we want to accompany them with #YOURTIME watches and much more…” In this context Todd & Marlon work very closely with the non-profit organization Spark Microgrants to enable entrepreneurs in rural areas.
The watch collection includes two models currently available for orders on Kickstarter: the most peculiar is a 24-hour watch with a Swiss Made quartz movement and the most traditional is a 12-hour watch with a Swiss Made Automatic movement. Fiery and intense the first Todd & Marlon timepiece showcases Italian Design and Swiss Precision. #YOURTIME is made of stainless steel (316L grade), it is treated with Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating for a super resistant black matte finish, it has the most resistant Sapphire crystal and it is also water resistant (10atm/100m).
On the 24-hour model, Todd & Marlon have selected a Swiss Made movement because of the quality and Quartz for its reliability and accuracy. The 12-hour model has a Swiss Made Automatic (self-winding) movement with 26 jewels and date function on top of hours, minutes and seconds.
Handsomely crafted #YOURTIME iconic shape has been designed to suit sport, casual and business situations. The 38mm case has a sophisticated and elegant silhouette yet it is boldly shaped to resist extreme activities. The custom made bracelet subtly reminds the brand logo which is also visible on: dial, crown, back case and buckle.
The dial of the 24-hour model is based on a double-XII system which means that hours are indicated as 1-12 twice: the anti-meridian hours are on the left hand side and the post-meridian hours are on the right hand side. The zenith for the sun is at the top of the dial as indicated by the applied silver sun icon and midnight is at the opposite side as indicated by the applied moon.
The collection is available in four colors combinations: all black, black and deep blue, black and fiery red, black and rose pink. Each of them has his own name and specific character.
- COSMO is the all black variant – it is classic and mysterious and it is meant for the achiever, the unstoppable!
- LAVA, the black and red combination, is fiery and intense for the sport lover and the most passionate.
- ABISSO uniquely combine black and blue and is meant for the deep person and water addict.
- ROSE leverages a contrasting black and rose color and is the most delicate yet bold – it is meant for the most sensitive and sophisticated person.
- Movement – Swiss Made 24-hour Quartz Powertech Movement / Swiss Made 12-hour Automatic Movement
- Function – 24H, minutes, seconds (date on the 12-hour model)
- Glass – Sapphire Crystal.
- Water Resistance – 10 atm / 100 m water resistant.
- Case – 38 mm custom Stainless Steel case DLC treated – height approx. 10mm – fixed bezel and custom screw-down crown.
- Bracelet – Custom design DLC treated – 144 mm long (190 mm total circumference i.e. including the case).
- Dial – 24-hour: Two levels dial with circular brushing on top and horizontal brushing on lower level visible through two swirls opening culminating on applied silver sun/moon icons; 12-hour: Two levels dial with circular brushing – silver half-hour marks applied – double printed numbering. Coupled with dauphine hands
Todd & Marlon watches can be ordered on Kickstarter here