Men’s belts can really state alot about who you are as a person. Simply wearing a belt will reflect how much you think about buckling up. I find a lot of men undervalue this accessory. Belts are a lot more personal than you think. It tells the other person a bit about what you represent. In fact a belt can make or break your look.
Think more about your belts
Go through your wardrobe and get all your belts out. I bet on average it is plain and boring. Then head to Selfridges first as they have a fantastic range of belts, like you’ve never seen before. It will inspire you to think about what you’re putting around the waist.
The style of the strap is important. Here is a list 4 important strap styles:
- Leather studded strap – They look great on men and it really brings out the masculine side of you.
- Plait strap – These look great during summer and spring. Don’t be afraid of going for a multi colour one.
- Cartoon prints or colourful strap – these kind of belts bring out the playful power hero side of you and are so much fun.
- Narrow Straps – These are great with chinos or shorts.
The style of buckle really depends on the formality, you can go formal or as crazy as you want to. The informal styles can be classified as:
- Skull head – you can get different types here and it will sum up your image in seconds.
- Chunky – combine this with the wide strap only.
- Western – bring out the cowboy in you. Make sure to get the matching holster.
- Animal – Snake, Scorpion, Elephant, Crocodile and Lion Heads are popular choices.
Sugar skull, leather belt
Topman multi colour plait leather belt
Topman cartoon print belts
Roland mechanical belt buckles,$25,000
Batman belt buckle, bring out the Dark Knight in you
Show the rock star with in you or that you’re a lover of music