The Rockabilly look of the 1950’s is back for men this spring/summer 2012. Elvis Presley was the king of rock and rockabilly image. So how do you create your own rockabilly look this 2012?
Thankfully the collection has been updated. All you need to do is get into your man bag and get a hold of a few things. You need to learn how to layer your clothes. In a nut shell, start with a t-shirt, shirt, cardigan and then a jacket of your choice. I know it seems a lot of clothing worn, but it just look so damn hot.
6 Practical Tips
- The quiffs piled high on top of the models’ heads and a focus on tough, anti-androgynous denim is certainly a good start for you.
- Pants and jeans that have a super-skinny look is certainly what you need to purchase.
- A pastel-coloured jackets with a given a retro varsity-style twist is needed.
- A casual Elvis channeling a purist 50s attitude with selvedge denim and Hot-Rod inspired studded jacket is essential this 2012.
- Hawaiian Elvis, clad in floral printed shirts are the way forward and for evenings Elvis strutted about in dapper 50s diner shirts, teamed with bandana ties.
- As for footwear, the loafers and powdery truckers; and monochrome brogues will finish off the look.
This era is for the man that want’s to create a unique look. It is about wearing the style with rock attitude and making sure you turn heads at every possible fashion moment.