Over the last 15 years of travel, I have had many opportunities to observe airport fashion. How can you be comfortable but still look stylish? What accessories will complete your travel look? How many shoes do I need to take? Fret no more, follow the tips and get packing.
10 Tips on Airport Fashion
- Sunnies – Always carry a pair of dark glasses in my carry-on luggage, they are a stylish winner when you land and look knackered.
- Jeans or chinos – they look great and keep your legs warm. Absolutely NO TRACK SUIT OUTFITS! stretchy chinos are great because they’re comfortable.
- Jackets – The right jacket can finish of an outfit and look suitably stylish for the travelling fashionisto. Choose a neutral colour goes with loads of outfits. Leather or jean jackets are fab when travelling, more versatile and robust.
- Loafers – Best combination of style and comfort. Or a pair of neutral funky pair of trainers. G-star Raw or Diesel are a good starting point. I’m not talking about white standard trainers. These can easily be slipped on or off at security and on the plane.
- Hats – always look cool and fit the image at an airport.
- Scarf – Planes can be very erratic when it comes to temperature regulation so bring a blazer and a patterned scarf to throw over your shoulders if you get cold.
- Eye mask – If you like to wear an eye mask on the flight make sure you buy a fashionably acceptable one.
- Earphones – If you want ’sound eliminating’ earphones buy some cool retro looking ones. The cool brand to be seen with now is Beats Audio.
- Man’s bag – a winner all the time. An overlooked aspect of your airport style is your carry case, it will state your image in seconds. Go for brown or black leather because it matches any outfit and makes you look sophisticated and cool. DITCH PLASTIC BAG LOOK.
- Credit Cards – Last but not least, make sure you’ve always got your credit cards handy. If the worst happens and you lose your luggage, you can always buy a new wardrobe, which wouldn’t be that bad after all
While it may be important to be comfortable, you are still in a public place, so why not make a lasting impression.