Stress is our body and mind’s response to challenges and demands. Demands can be a result of more worries occurring in our daily lives, deadline-driven work commitments or challenging relationships. Any such stimulus that upset our mental and physical equilibrium triggers stress.
Our lifestyle is partly to blame for increased incidents of chronic stress. As we go up the professional ladder, our social circles get smaller. We spend less time relaxing and slowing down. Long-term exposure to constant stress affects our wellness. Stress management is the only way to deal with stress effectively. In this article, we will discuss a few simple tricks to manage stress.
1. Breathing Exercises
Simple breathing exercises address the effects of stress by reducing blood pressure. The breathing also exercises slowly down the pulse rate. Routine breathing exercises can make a person feel calmer and more peaceful.
- Set aside 5 minutes from your busy schedule to focus on breathing.
- Make sure to sit with an upright posture with your eyes closed. Do not cross your legs. Now, start focusing on your breathing by slowly inhaling the air through your nose and exhaling without forcing the air out.
- With every count observe your rhythm of breathing.
- Repeat this exercise until you feel relaxed.
- With regular practice, you will be able to feel the start of the breath in your abdomen.
It is one of the ways to reduce stress with those simple breathing exercises.