Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Stockholm Men AW14
The Official Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Stockholm is the most well known Swedish Fashion Event. This year the shows were held from 27th until 29th of January 2014 (more on http://www.mbfw.se/). Back in 2005 the entertainment establishment Berns Salonger in Stockholm in cooperation with Bon Magazine and Patriksson Communication started the fashion week. Their purpose was to promote Swedish fashion creators and design to a wider audience. During the last six years Sweden’s fashion industry has become a famed trendsetting institution worldwide redoubling its export incomes and gaining acknowledgement for its quality.
Presently the week has been held twice a year. Since 2008 Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine has been the royal protector of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and, a year later, it was obviously her that inaugurated the event. During the fashion event approximately 40 different fashion brands exhibit their collections. The biggest ones are: Carin Wester, Cheap Monday, Whyred, Filippa K, The Local Firm, Dagmar, Dr Denim, GANT, Woolrich, Camilla Norrback and Boomerang. New brands for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2011 was Tiger, Nakkna, Ljung, Post Fire Dew, Mi Laiki and Mayla and many more.
The curiosity is that the Swedish students from the most prestigious fashion schools also have the opportunity to show their exam creations during that fashion week. This winter MenStyleFashion photos by Kevin Pineda – discovers new men trends AW 2014 of three top fresh brands:
- Army of me – asymmetrical zips put in unexpected places on gloves and collars; tassels and fasteners that hang loose from the clothes and uneven hems for tops and jackets
- Cheap Monday – raw and inverted denim running through pieces that feature the textures of crinkled jersey, fleece, leatherette, pleated chiffon, jersey and clear sequins on a foundation of sombre-coloured knits, flannel and jersey
- D.Brand – black, orange and silver, leather short jackets and long 4 tones coats and – mandatory – asymmetric hair cuts). Sweden with events like that and pro-young philosophy, shows its innovative and courageous fashion spirit.
Exclusive Back Stage Shots
- Photo: Kevin Pineda assisted by Oliver Schonqvist, Angela Westerlund;
- Designers: Army of me, Cheap Monday, D Brand (show + backstage); JLindeberg, Oscar Jacobson, Whyred
- Models: Andreas Brunnhage, Callestrauss, Marcus Zetterberg, Alexander Murphy, Philip Preimers, Leopold Nilsson, HansA@Mikas, New Face Model Haavard