Being a male model is not as easy as it sounds. Sure, they are born with god-gifted good looks, but they also have to work their hardest in order to keep their body in shape.
Sean O’Pry is one of the most famous male models in the world who has a near-perfect body that he carved through meticulous diet, regular hours at the gym, and investment in the right fitness equipment.
In this article, we will talk about the diet and workout routines of Sean O’Pry, and his secrets behind developing the perfect body.
Who Is Sean O’Pry?
Sean O’Pry is an American male model from Georgia. He was named by Forbes Magazine as the most commercially successful model in 2009.
Sean has a dedicated fan base on social media, especially on Instagram, where he has more than 600 thousand followers. He often uploads pictures and videos of his workout sessions to guide his followers.
Sean O’Pry Workout Routine
According to an interview Sean O’Pry gave to the ‘Numero’ magazine in 2020, he has a very high metabolism rate which enables him to burn calories faster than usual.
Sean leans towards weight training more than cardio because while growing up, he had extensive experience with it because of his association with Sports, and the habit stayed.
Weight training exercises
Here are some of the weight training exercises that you can do in order to have a body like Sean O’Pry:
Crunches are one of the best exercises to increase your core body strength. They are easy to perform, do not require any equipment, and have a lot of long-term benefits for the body.
Crunches mainly work the abdominal muscles, most prominently the Rectus Abdominis, and also the hip muscles and spinal muscles.
Here is a step-by-step instruction chart for doing a basic low-intensity crunch:
- First, locate an empty space in your house. Then lie on the ground with your hand beneath your head and your elbows extended to the sides. Place your body in such a way that your lower back is mildly pushing the floor.
- Once you have established your starting position, lift your upper body while exhaling and keeping your abdomen contracted.
- Next, inhale slowly and lower your upper body back to the starting position on the floor.
- Once you have reached the starting position again, you have successfully completed an abdominal crunch.
Push-ups are a basic exercise that increases the functional strength of your body and activates the major muscle groups of your body. Push-ups work the chest muscles, deltoids, triceps, and abdominal muscles.
Doing a push-up is fairly simple; you have to position your body on all fours, lower your body until your chest almost touches the ground, and elevate yourself again.
While doing push-ups, keep in mind that you must not put much pressure on your lower back, as that can cause spinal injuries.
Lunges offer a great workout for your upper core, legs, and back. They target the calves, hamstrings, back muscles, and gluteal muscles and also make your body more balanced and stable.
To do lunges, stand with your feet apart, and take a step forward with your right leg while shifting your bodyweight forward. Lower your body, keeping your right thigh parallel to the floor. Lift yourself back up and repeat this on the other side.
While doing a lunge, make sure that your knees are bent throughout and that you do not lose the balance of your body.
Squats strengthen your muscles, burn a lot of calories, and improve your posture and balance. They do not require any equipment and can be done anywhere. The Muscles worked in this exercise are the calves, adductor, quadriceps, and rectus abdominis.
To do a basic squat, start with your feet slightly apart, tighten the muscles of your stomach and lower your knees while keeping your upper body straight. Then lift your body back, and repeat for a fixed set of reps.
Keep in mind that you should always do a full squat; a partial squat damages your body more than benefitting it.
Sean O’Pry Diet Plans
Here are some of the diet protocols that not only Sean O’Pry but all-male models with exciting bodies follow:
- You do not need to be operating within a strict diet plan if you watch what you eat with constant vigilance. Monitor your calorie consumption and make sure you avoid binge eating.
- Do not be complacent about your body. If you achieved good results by following strict protocols, there is no need to abandon them after a month.
- If you are busy and can’t plan for each meal try meal replacements like Kachava, this meal replacement is praised by many people on the internet for its great taste and nutritional value.
You cannot let your guard up ever, as staying in shape requires constant and persistent effort.
- You have to stay active all the time and push your body when it is unwilling to engage. Your body will undergo changes constantly, and if you are not resilient enough, all your hard work will be in vain.
- Models like Sean O’Pry do not have cheat days in their training plans. This is because they do not want to let their guard down, even for a single day.
This is something that needs to be followed. You have to be super-consistent with your diet, exercises, and gym routines.
- The most important point: Do not make excuses. Sean O’Pry ascended to this position by putting his body and mind through harsh and unforgiving routines; you have to do the same.
- Equally important, do not be too extreme about your schedule. Do not starve your body of food, as you will end up losing muscle mass and stability.
To sustain weight training as Sean O’Pry does, you have to consume a certain degree of nutritious food to have any chance of following the protocols rigidly every day.
There is no guarantee that what works for Sean O’Pry will work for you because, apart from everything else, he has an incredibly fast metabolism rate.
But if you follow the essential principles in his routine, you should see tangible results soon.