Today’s fashion world is very democratic, but many people still do not know what a dress code is and how exactly one needs to look to get into a casino. The dress code in a casino is very different from that required for visitors to nightclubs. However, since many casinos coexist with other entertainment venues, sometimes these rules are general. By the way, virtual clubs like www.financials2017.com do not require visitors to comply with a dress code. In this article, we will tell you what should be the dress code in a casino for men.
Types of Dress Code in A Casino for Men
This term has come down to our time from the UK. The appearance of a man, especially in royal circles, was extremely important. Otherwise, the sloppy person was not allowed to attend the solemn event. Today there are several dress code rules for men who are going to visit a casino.
- White Tie is the strictest kind of dress code. The main feature of the style is a black tailcoat, a white vest with three buttons and a white bow tie, as well as a pocket square.
- Smart Casual dress code for men is a casual style allowed in some gambling establishments. Men are allowed to wear loose trousers, jeans, and long-sleeved shirts.
- Cocktail dress code for men – for informal casino events. To create a festive bow, a suit in black or grey will do, as well as a monochrome shirt without a pattern.
- Black Tie Dress Code for Men — to create a look, you will need a classic dark suit, bow tie or tie in black or bright colour.
Many modern land-based clubs allow you to combine styles if the elements of the wardrobe look harmonious and complement the image. Again, institutions in which regular tournaments are held and the elite of society gathers impose stricter rules on visitors.
Male Evening Look for A Visit to The Casino
For a trip to the casino, a man can wear a tuxedo, spencer, or a regular business suit. It is not recommended to wear a tailcoat in a casino; it is worn on purely official occasions. Below we will tell you more about each element of the men’s wardrobe.
A tuxedo is a dark, usually black or navy blue jacket that is complemented by trousers without cuffs. In the classic version, the tuxedo should be complemented by an elegant white shirt (possibly with pleats, lace, and ruffles), as well as a black bow tie. From jewellery, you should give preference to a thin gold ring or signet ring.
Spencer is probably the most fashionable version of men’s formal wear. According to legend, Spencer got its name from the English Lord Spencer, who, having dozed off by the fireplace in a restaurant, burned the coattails of his tailcoat. He immediately cut them off, so a new men’s suit appeared. Heading to the casino, Spencer can be supplemented with a bow tie, bow, lasso tie, or a simple tie.
Jewellery and Accessories
When men go to casinos, they usually use a limited amount of jewellery and accessories. One modest ring or ring is usually worn on the finger. An expensive but not too bulky wristwatch can shine on the wrist. Occasionally, suits are decorated with cufflinks and expensive tie pins. When choosing accessories, men should give preference to a handkerchief. The rules of etiquette dictate a simple white silk handkerchief, the size of a man’s hand, to be worn in a breast pocket.
The most important thing when creating an elegant look is a harmonious combination of all elements of clothing. In addition, men often try to choose clothes for a trip to the casino following the style of their companion. A beautiful elegant lady in the company of a respectable man in a black tailcoat – style in the best traditions of agent 007.
General Dress Code Rules for Visiting a Casino
It would be wrong to say that all casinos have such requirements as indicated above. Not all land-based establishments are aimed exclusively at VIPs. Many clubs welcome ordinary customers who have come to try their luck and just have fun. The doors of the entertainment establishment are open to those who are decently dressed and know the basic rules of etiquette.
- Clothing must be clean without visible damage. The guest should give the impression of a neat and decent person, unable to ruin the evening for others.
- The external image is stylish and elegant – a trip to the casino presupposes an elite type of entertainment.
- Classic shoes – here a special emphasis is placed on appearance and neatness. It doesn’t have to be an expensive brand with a worldwide reputation.
- Accessories – should look harmonious and match the overall appearance. Little things determine a lot and can both beautify a person and spoil the impression about him.
Although the casino offers alcoholic drinks to its guests, you should not abuse them. Visitors must behave within the rules established by the institution and not spoil the rest of the people around them. Therefore, subject to these rules and in compliance with external requirements, you can be sure that you will pass the face control.