When Fashion Met Art: The Marriage Of Raf Simons And Sterling Ruby
The two are closely connected, but rarely linked. The fusion of fashion and art is one which has captivated designers since the YSL Mondrian dress, then McQueen’s s/s´99 spray painted collection several decades on.
More recently in menswear, Raf Simons has refreshed this trend creating a collection in collaboration with artist Sterling Ruby. From Margiela to Givenchy, this season all the main fashion houses are delivering this trend from the runway to the street, and suddenly the world is looking a brighter place.
Checkout the other fashion and art collaborations.
1. Raf Simons / Sterling Ruby: Hand painted Parka (limited to 5 pieces), €22,500
1. Loewe Knot key ring, €250
2. Maison Martin Margiela, Long-sleeved, cotton t-shirt, €200
3. Givenchy Cuban-Fit basketball-print t-shirt, €350
4. Marc Jacobs Short-sleeved t-shirt, €145
5. Maison Martin Margiela, Pollock effect Sneakers, €410
6. Raf Simons / Sterling Ruby Hand bleached, long-sleeved shirt, €430
7. Burberry Prorsum wallet and iPhone case hand-painted, grain leather at €365 and €565
8. Dries Van Noten, Long-sleeved t-shirt, €240
9. Loewe, Meccano brooch, €175
10. Givenchy printed wool & canvas jacket, €2700
11. Ann Demeulemeester, Long-sleeved shirt, €360
12. Raf Simons / Sterling Ruby, Spray-painted bag, €720