A watch is an important item to help in both accessory and timekeeping. It is a good way of showing your signature style as watches vary in colour, size, colour, material, origin, value and shape. However, these items can get ruined or tainted if not taken care of. Most watches get ruined due to poor storage and carelessness. For instance, you put your watch on the bedside table and as you wake up, you accidentally tip it; it falls and breaks the glass or get a scratch.
This can be prevented by getting a watch stand. Watch stands come in all sizes, shapes and colours according to your liking. They are classy and keep your place organized. You can put your watch on display stands available in the market to avoid such accidents. Some people have a whole collection of watches that remains in their cabinets and shelves where there is plenty of dust and at risk of scratches. In this article, you will learn tips on how to take care of your watch to keep them in mint condition.
- Keep your watch out of direct sunlight-too much sunlight can discolour leather bands for those with this variation. It can also increase the temperature of the watch and damage some parts or make them wear out quickly
- Put your watch away from electronic devices and other magnetic materials. This is because some metal parts of the watch may become magnetized and give the wrong time as it starts to lose or gain a lot of seconds and minutes.
- Prevent dust particles from coming into contact with your watch. They destroy the aesthetic value of a watch and in other cases may cause malfunction of the watch.
- Wind your watch often to extend its life as its power reserve gets depleted if you don’t. It also helps to prevent malfunction. A watch will stay for years if wound regularly.
- Get your watch a screen protector to prevent scratching. Just like your phone, the glass on your watch requires protection from natural, unpreventable causes such as falling off.
- Cleaning and servicing regularly- you can purchase a watch care kit to help you maintain your watch or you can clean your watch at home with a nonabrasive cloth.
A watch stand is what you need to keep your collection safe, clean and in good shape. The watch is displayed on its side making your room boom with elegance, it is a great way of storing your watch as you can easily choose which watch to wear as you dress up. A watch stand could be a single piece, double pieced or built for multiple watches. If you are in for the class, a brown or black coloured watch stand will work best for you. You can also bring out your fun side by adding colour to your watch stand.
The size and shape of the watch remain intact as the watch is not acted upon by gravity. Additionally, the way the watch stand holds the piece in place prevents the watch from falling or swinging therefore preventing damage of any kind.