With 4th July heralding a gradual opening up of restaurants, bars, and hotels. Mario Flanagan, GM of the five star Andaz London Liverpool Street hotel talks us through his own hotel’s reopening plans.
Including the raft of precautionary measures, Andaz London will be taken to guard the safety and welfare of visitors and staff alike.
With over a quarter of a century spent in hospitality, including 12 years working within the Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Mario is able to give an insider’s viewpoint as to how the industry will begin its slow road to recovery with the founder of MenStyleFashion Gracie Opulanza.
Gracie to date has reviewed over 300 hotels globally.
Quote from Mario: “Life is short and unpredictable. Look after your mental health as well as your physical health and always let people know how much you appreciate them”
Description of your COVID 19 rules
Enhanced personal hygiene and protection protocols for staff, including frequent hand washing, use of alcohol-based hand sanitiser, reporting any cold or flu-like symptoms and refraining from coming to work if feeling unwell.
- Regular staff wellbeing checks and additional precautionary measures based on local situations that include mandatory temperature checks
- Increased frequency of cleaning on all high-touch surfaces, guestrooms, and shared spaces.
- Implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service and group meetings and events.
- Enhanced guestroom cleaning protocol and minimising number of times hotel teams enter guestrooms.
- Prominently placed hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel in public and employee areas and entrances.
- Protective masks and other personal protective equipment for staff and customers wherever required.
Limiting Capacity in Elevators
Additional precautionary measures in shared spaces such as limiting capacity in elevators.
- Removal of all high-touch hotel collateral and other materials that could increase risks – utilising contactless technology instead.
- Social distancing guidance in public areas of the hotel
- Assessing new approaches to meetings and events, such as seating configuration, food and beverage serving options and staff uniforms.
Lady Abercorn Restaurant Now Open
Prior to the reopening of the hotel itself, Andaz London Liverpool Street will gradually roll out its eclectic line-up of restaurants and bars beginning with its much-loved pub and kitchen Lady Abercorn’s.
Now open, this stunning Grade II listed venue offers guests a brand new menu that will combine its innovative take on pub classics and dishes inspired by exotic climes. Opening hours are from 3pm to 9pm, Tuesday to Friday. No reservations required.