Having a patchy beard can be a big deal for some men. And if you have this beard condition and you want to manage it, then this article is a must-read.
Optimizing your beard should include an important step, which is fixing a patchy beard. Now more than ever, you can grow a luscious, full beard in celebration of manhood. A patchy beard refers to missing patches of hair, which is believed to be brought about by genetics, hormonal imbalance, stress, and an unhealthy lifestyle.
So how do you remedy a patchy beard? Find out how to fill in a patchy beard by continuing to read below.
Don’t Touch It
It can be tempting to grab a razor to eliminate a long beard, most especially if you want to keep a clean look. However, if you want to effectively manage a patchy beard, keeping it longer than you normally grow your hair can help.
For at least a month, allow your beard to grow. The longer it grows, the more the patches will likely get lost underneath your beard bush. Just be patient and you’ll reap the best rewards by surprisingly having fewer patches or no patchy beard at all.
Don’t touch the razor yet until you see what direction your hair is growing. In this way, you’ll have an idea of the exact location of patchy spots. After a month, you can trim your beard along the jaw and cheek line to look neat.
Treat Your Beard Nicely
One aspect of a man’s grooming routine should include beard care. Treat your beard nicely to bring out the best in you. Make sure to choose the best beard products like Urban Beard for a healthier and more good-looking beard. You might also want to consider investing in a top-quality beard butter, to keep your beard fresh and smooth looking.
Here are some tips when taking good care of your beard:
- Use Quality Beard Shampoo: When it comes to beard grooming, it’s important to use quality beard shampoo. Shampooing your beard cleans it of debris, dead skin cells, and dirt. It will also keep your facial hair manageable and soft. Don’t use hair and scalp shampoo to avoid messing with the natural oils of your beard, which can affect proper hair growth.
- Beard Oil Application: Beard oil can help reduce itchiness associated with a new beard in the bud. Keep your beard and skin moisturized using alcohol-free beard oil. Choose beard oil that has plenty of essential oils so your hair can benefit from anti-microbial properties for deep cleaning. Combing is easier after the beard oil application. Also, it helps clear itchy dead skin cells.
- Beard Balm Application: Transform your patchy beard by stimulating facial hair growth using beard oil, and style it with a quality beard balm to make them fuller. Beard balms contain wax that gives you that “hold,” locking your favourite beard style in place. Be mindful of growing your facial hair in your desired direction. This can be achieved by applying beard balm. Using your fingers, slowly smooth the beard balm onto your facial hair.
- Beard Brushing: Brush your beard downwards using a bristle brush. It will help cover the patches, giving your beard a uniform and neat appearance.
Watch Your Diet
Maintaining a healthy diet is crucial to hair growth, as well as in attaining a thicker and healthier beard. The food you eat directly affects the nutrients that your beard obtains, so you have to watch your diet closely.
Here are some tips when it comes to having proper nutrition for a healthier beard:
- A balanced diet is highly recommended. Consume high-biotin foods such as legumes, eggs, chocolate, milk, and avocado to induce hair growth and activate hair follicles to produce thicker and more voluminous hair.
- Eat foods high in niacin to prevent brittle and falling facial hair. The rich dietary sources of niacin include sunflower seeds, beef, mushrooms, and fish.
Get Enough Rest and Exercise Regularly
Aside from diet modifications, make sure to get adequate rest and sleep to reduce stress and to maximize the growth of your beard. Also, get enough exercise and avoid smoking when managing stress. Stress can be a contributing factor not just to hair loss in the scalp that leads to baldness, but also beard growth. That’s why stress management is also important.
Exercising is not just good for your muscles and bones. Workouts can also help improve blood oxygenation and skin blood circulation for the delivery of nutrients to the skin and hair follicles. In this way, you’ll have a better beard and hair growth. So, make sure that you apply these lifestyle modification tips to help fix a patchy beard.
Style Your Beard Strategically
Sometimes, you just have to accept the reality that you have patchy facial hair growth. You probably live a healthy lifestyle, eat nutritious food, exercise every day, not smoke, or even take hair growth supplements, but you still gain no positive results.
You can manage this beard problem by styling your beard strategically. Once you master this craft, you can easily hide your patchy beard and maintain your good looks without worrying about anything awkward on your face.
Here’s how to do it:
- Keep your beard shorter so that the patchy areas don’t look too obvious. By doing so, you’ll have a light stubble.
- Leaving your cheeks clean-shaven with a chin strap beard style is a good idea to bring your hair along your chin and jawline. You can also deal with a patchy bird with a goatee beard style.
- When styling your beard, avoid applying perfume or cologne to your facial hair to avoid drying it. Perfume and cologne have an alcohol content that can lead to dry hair.
Fixing a patchy beard takes more than a proper styling technique. Hair growth can be influenced by what you eat, stress, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Make sure to eat a balanced diet, manage stress properly, and get enough rest and sleep. Also, it’s a good idea to accept the fact that you have a patchy beard and style it to reduce obvious patches to stay good-looking. Most of all, treat your beard with the utmost care by using the best beard products to promote healthier facial hair growth.