Of the several social media platforms operating nowadays, Twitch is turning out to be a popular marketing platform for companies. Twitch started to make waves primarily as a hub for gamers, but gaming is not the only business that can tap into the platform’s potential for building up a client base.
Your fashion brand can build a strong presence on Twitch too. It all depends on how you plan your image building on the platform. The importance of Twitch followers is undeniable in this regard.
So how can you build a successful campaign using Twitch? Here are a few things quick tips:
Get Acquainted With the Tools of Twitch before Launching your Fashion Campaign
To use any platform to your advantage, you need to familiarize yourself with its various features. Here are some functions that Twitch provides:
- Live Streaming -You can both broadcast your own live stream as well as watch other streamers. When streaming, remember to present a commentary that grabs your audience’s attention and draws them into conversations.
- Long-form Streaming – Since Twitch is mainly about connecting viewers directly to streamers and enabling conversations between them, you can create really long streams. Your stream can be an hour or two long, and it is a totally normal thing on this platform!
- Chat Bar for Viewers – This is where your viewers engage in conversations over your stream as it plays. Typically, the chat interface appears as a sidebar alongside your stream. Streamers can respond to comments in real-time, and if the chat bar is moving really fast, you can even activate a “slow mode” to ensure you are not skipping any important comments.
- Moderators – if you are a larger streamer, you can use moderators (mods) who are volunteering admins to keep your chat in check. Twitch also offers several moderations and automatic filtering settings that can help you keep your chat clean of inappropriate content and stay on-topic without manual moderation.
- Homepage Memory – Every user’s homepage loads based on the previous activity of the user. Not only live streams but shows, events, and convention notices also pop up here. You can create content that will end up curated on your viewer’s homepages.
Strategies You Can Use to Successfully Create Your Fashion Campaigns on a Twitch
Now that you have an idea of the basics of how to draw an audience to your fashion brand, it is time to focus on what to present in your stream. This, of course, does not have a one-size-fits-all solution. Every fashion brand has its own ethics, story, and image to uphold. Depending on what type of fashion brand you are, follow the following:
1. Focus on Building Brand Awareness Using Twitch’s Brand Outreach
You could partner with Twitch for your campaign goals, especially if you have non-profit goals. Twitch offers financial aid for conventions, conferences, educational programs, equality campaigns, and so on. If your campaign goals align with any of these, or with any other goal that Twitch supports, your fashion brand could tap into the platform’s diverse user base by partnering up with the platform itself.
2. Focus on Attracting the Attention of Specific Audience Groups
Know yourself and your target audience. If you have a clear idea of who your campaign needs to reach out to, you will be able to use Twitch effectively to broaden your audience base. Stream videos keeping in mind the information you think will attract your viewers’ attention. For maximum audience drive, you can cross-post content on platforms like YouTube. You can even add subtitles to reach various language audiences.
3. Focus on Lead Generation
You can create campaigns on Twitch using very simple tools and hook your audience by publicly tracking your performance. All you need to do is display easy-to-read real-time reports by your stream. Remember to keep the content engaging to ensure your viewers check your visual reports. By the end of the stream, you would have surely convinced some of your viewers of the credibility of the product or mission you are trying to sell.
4. Tap into the Potentials of Influencer Marketing
Influencers can really bring you sales. Even if it may be a bit of an investment, consider if your campaign needs influencers’ magic to reach the desired goals. You could use micro-influencers or big names, depending on your budget. Influencers usually attract an audience on a multi-platform scale. Be flexible in using other social media platforms if you are teaming up with influencers.
5. Employ Paid Advertising
Twitch allows for video ads to play before streams. You can buy yourself some pre-roll ad space to spread your campaign across a wider audience. In addition to viewer interests, you may find a business with fellow streamers with paid advertising. You will be surprised to know how many streamers of diverse fields are open to collaborating with you on a campaign that speaks to them!
What Does the Success of Your Campaign Ultimately Depend on?
Your Fashion house will be able to determine the success of its campaign by measuring the following factors:
- Were you able to create brand awareness?
- Could your stream use Influencers marketing to its advantage?
- Were you able to reach the targeted audiences and beyond?
- Did you meet any other campaign goals you may have set?
- Did your follower count go up organically?
It all depends on how well you have studied the audience behaviour on Twitch. To figure out what would be the best practice for your campaign, it is a good idea to observe viewing patterns on the platform. In other words, you probably already have competition on the platform; if you have an idea to sell, you must find out how to give yourself an edge over the rest.
How Does The Number of Followers Matter on Twitch?
You must be wondering, if viewing streams put up related content on a user’s site, then why does your Fashion House need dedicated followers? Does your stream not automatically lead your viewers to have fresh content from you load on their home feeds based on their recent viewing activity?
While viewers get updates from streamers, they have recently viewed, having a strong number of followers can help build your brand image for new viewers. In short, your follower count lets:
- Others figure out how popular your brand is, and they use the number as a key to deciding whether your brand is worth paying time (and money) for.
- Viewers also act on instinct and curiosity to check out your streams if you have a big fan base. Who knows, this might earn you new fans hooked onto your brand!
- A good follower count can increase your viewers and subscriber count organically in a quick and easy manner.
How Does Gaining Followers Help Your Fashion Brand’s Campaigns?
While buying followers can boost your social metrics on Twitch suddenly, it is of no use unless the follower count is organic. Real followers for your Twitch account will
- Enable organic growth of followers and bring your streams more visibility across the platform
- Be a money-saving means to grow your channel’s presence globally, across a wide demographic range.
- Get you real followers who may even monetarily support your channel with donations, bits, and subscriptions.
- Give your marketing strategy leverage against competing channels.
What are the Organic Ways of Building Your Follower Count on Twitch?
You must promote your fashion channel in as many ways as you can:
- Promote your stream by cross-posting on other social media accounts and video-streaming platforms.
- Use the About section of your account to give your viewers information about your other social media handles and personal websites.
- Participate in conventions on Twitch to draw direct conversations to your stream.
- Engage with your fans in a one-to-one approach.
- Personalize your responses to any queries and explanations put forward by followers and viewers.
- Several viewers watch Twitch streams for fun. You must plan your campaigns in a manner that aims at converting the casual viewer into an active follower.
- Keep yourself up to date on the trends taking over Twitch. Work on your streams, keeping these trends in mind. Remember to not overdo this as your brand needs to stand out from the crowd even as it ropes into the potentials of the trends.
- Partner with other streamers and enhance affiliate marketing. You need to have certain checks in place to be able to do this.
- Participate in or support Gaming events as this is where Twitch has the biggest audience reach.
- Hold Digital events for your viewers. Keeping your viewers actively engaged is the best way of converting them into followers and subscribers.
- Stream regularly. Stick to a streaming schedule and keep the content creative. You could stream interviews, instructions on how-tos, and so on.
- Attend TwitchCon, the bi-annual event, to meet your followers and fellow streamers in person. This can help you build networks in dynamic ways. You can even hold sessions and sell merchandise at these events.
If you have the right tools and the right strategy, your fashion house will not only attract subscribers; it may even find corporate sponsors willing to back your causes. You can do this without having to invest a fortune in your channel. Figuring out your approach to how you want to build your brand is half the battle won.
With Twitch, you can tap into the endless possibilities of live video brand building. Market your fashion brand smartly, and you will soon have a successful campaign rolling.