How to Wear Sneakers with Suits
When deciding what to wear for a big date or just a night out on the town with friends, deciding what shoes to wear is always a difficult task. Choosing the proper shoe is not only essential but can help you set yourself apart from the rest of the crowd. But what if you want to wear a pair of sneakers or trainers while wearing a suit? This is a question I have often asked myself and until recently I didn’t know if it was even acceptable to wear both at the same time. In order to get that sophisticated look while still wearing a pair of awe-inspiring sneakers, follow these tips below:
- The first step when choosing the right pair of sneakers is to remember that your sneakers should complement and be an extension of your suit. You should never lose sight of the fact that your suit should still be the main focus. You should always choose a shoe that goes with the tailoring style of the suit you are wearing.
- When wearing a suit you will want to keep the color scheme of your sneakers very basic. You can do this by wearing colors such as: white, dark grey, or black. By selecting a basic color you can avoid choosing sneakers that clash with your suit of choice.
- Another rule of thumb when choosing the right pair of sneakers is that if you are ever in doubt and are stumped on what color sneakers to wear, simply go with a pair of clean white sneakers. Wearing a pair of white sneakers will always give you the clean-cut look that still works with formal attire. You also should also make sure the laces are white in order to keep that cohesive and uniform look.
- When choosing a suit you should always take into account the pair of sneakers you are going to wear and not the other way around. While choosing the suit should be your main focus, you never want to just throw a pair of sneakers in to the mix last minute. You should always choose a suit that displays your sneakers and highlights there features. If the suit pant legs are too long then it defeats the purpose of even wearing them in the first place. You always want to choose a suit that complements the sneakers.
Over the past few years the fashion world has seen a substantial increase in the amount of people pairing suits with sneakers. While there is a large amount of people that understand this recent fashion trend, some people are skeptical about this type of look. Something you should always remember is that sneakers with suits provides you both fashion and function. And one thing is for certain, this trend will continue to increase as people begin to see the advantages of pairing sneakers with suits for both the style and comfort that they provide. Listed below are some of the best sneakers on the market that go great with suits:
- Converse: Black Purcell Leather
- Lanvin: Leather Low Top
- Nike: Classic White Mid Tops
- Converse: Classic Low Tops
So remember if you are ever choosing a pair of sneakers with a suit keep the colours neutral, the design simple and you can’t go wrong.