Dad hats have been one of the hottest everyday-meets-high-fashion pieces since 2016. As they can transform your old man’s image from a tired and dated bloke to the next big style icon, dad hats can also be termed a fashion revolution.
As compared to the fleeting fads, dad hats did not just succeed in grabbing eyeballs but also managed to sustain the craze through generations. While they can be worn with almost anything, the outfits that are low-key, like jeans and sweatshirts, go best with them.
That is why if you have been eyeing this, now is the ideal time to go for the best dad hats. But before doing that, you should have a clear understanding of what they are.
What Are Dad Hats?
Though the apparel described has been around for much longer, the term “dad hat” has come into vogue just a few years back.
Essentially, a dad hat is a type of baseball hat made of canvas or cotton material. It comes with a slightly curved brim. However, that brim is not as curved as the traditional counterpart.
Dad hats are often a bit oversized to the wearer. But it is different from flat-brim, snapback, or fitted hats.
Why Are Dad Hats Popular?
From Kanye West and Kendall Jenner to Gigi Hadid, everyone has worn a dad hat at one point or the other.
The good thing about this hat type is that it is not restricted to be used just by dads. Anyone can wear these hats with any clothing. However, avoid wearing them somewhere too formal or fancy.
Apart from that, these hats won’t disappoint you irrespective of whether you are wearing them with gym clothes, laid-back garments, beachwear, or just your favourite club apparel. They are the best choice for outdoor activities or daily wear.
Though dad hats gained popularity in the 90s, they could already be spotted around the baseball fields since the 70s. Dad hats further became a trend with the invention of television.
This became a coveted accessory when people saw celebrities and actors wearing them.
By the 90s, this hat had become a common sight in shopping centers, college campuses, sports game stands, and, of course, on dads.
Tips to Find the Dad Hats Online
Now that you know about these hats, find out how to get the best dad hats online.
- Find Your Best Fit – Dad hats are usually available in universal sizes online. This one-size-fits-all is ideal for the head circumference of 56-60 cms or 22-24 inches. As a precautionary measure, you can use a measuring tape to measure your head’s circumference when shopping online. You can also buy dad hats in conventional sizes. While the large size is between 59 and 62 cms, the small size comes around 53-56 cms or 21-22 inches.
- Go with Neutral Tones for the Most Versatile Option – You can wear dad hats in more ways than one, and this feature makes them more coveted across ages and genders. To make the most of the versatility, you should stick to shades like navy, grey, red, black, white, and dark green.
- Express Your Personality with the Right Graphics – Typically, dad hats feature a solitary embroidered logo, image, or phrase. Shop around a bit to lay your hands on something that genuinely expresses your tastes and individuality. The graphics can contain:
- Images from Popular TV series or movie
- Logos of big corporate houses
- Major sports team logos
- Artwork adhering to a plethora of social or political messages
- Do Away with Stickers before Putting on the Hat –It is usually taken as a faux pas to wear a dad hat containing a sticker. So it is always advised that you peel off the sticker before wearing a dad hat.
That is why when buying a dad hat, contemplate how the hat will look without the sticker. This will help you to purchase the right hat that won’t dishearten you when the sticker is removed.
Dad hats are always the right mix of utility and style. So you can throw on a dad hat before running errands, to cover up a bad hair day, and even to keep the sun out of your eyes.
The above steps are how you can get the best dad hats online, enabling you to flaunt your style statement with élan wherever you go. Preferably, buy them from a trusted online store that boasts a wide selection of all types of dad hats to fit every need and personality type.